Banners are typically prohibited signs in Normandy, except that banners may be permitted at the opening of a new business or for promotional events with prior approval of a Banner Permit from City Hall. Banners may only be approved for a total period not exceeding 30 days if the business is new and does not have an existing business identification sign; or not to exceed 10 days within any 90-day period for temporary promotional events. Banners cannot exceed twice the allowable sign area for building attached signs permitted for the business frontage.
Other prohibited signs include:
- Balloons or other gas-filled figures
- Posters attached to utility poles, trees, fences, etc.
- Portable signs such as sandwich boards or A-frame signs except:
- Temporary real estate open house signs
- Flags (other than those of the United States of America and the State of Missouri)